Monday, March 15, 2010

Understanding on Printer Resolution

Before we look at resolution, I’ll let you in on a furtive: For the vast greater part of us who use a printer to print e-mails at home or a nice copy of a photo for Grandma, resolution is not amazing you need to worry about.

Even basic printers have a high sufficient resolution that your documents will look professional, while photo printers are departing to give you great-looking prints. So don’t pressure the specs too much. Printers print by putting ink or toner onto article. Inkjets have nozzles that spray tiny drop of ink, while laser printers melt dots of toner next to the paper.

For the best part of daily uses you’d be wasting ink to print everything in the highest possible resolution. When I print out shopping lists, I set my printer to draft excellence so the document comes out fast. It doesn’t look just right, but who cares? As long as I can read it when I’m in the supermarket, it’s good sufficient.

No comments: